When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you…
… And Norris will make it happen.
Now that the ice rink is open, it’s time to take advantage of everything it has to offer, including the satisfaction of getting warmed up after skating against the frigid Chicago winds.
On Friday, January 6, come out to the Northwestern Ice Rink from 5:00–8:00 p.m. for a magical night of skating to your favorite Disney tunes, complete with free hot chocolate and chocolate fondue while supplies last! Use $2 skate rentals to your advantage by spending the evening gliding across ice. Heralding your return from winter break, Friday Night Ice is the best way to greet the new quarter with new themes every Friday.
On Thursdays, enjoy Norris’s programming for nICE Comfort. From 5:00–7:00 p.m. on January 12, Norris’ ground floor has free hot cider for anyone who needs shelter from the icy weather outside. Recline with a hot beverage and enjoy a free movie screening while cozying up to your friends.
Come back every week for different comforts on Thursdays along with new themed skating nights every Friday! The currently planned schedule is below:
nICE Comfort: Thursdays, (times vary)
- January 12 - Free movie screening of “Blades of Glory,” hot cider from 5:00–7:00 p.m.
- January 26 - Fill-a-Friend: Free lovable animals to stuff from 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- February 2 - Midterm Relief: free movie screening, “Groundhog Day,” hot dogs from 9:00–11:00 p.m.
- February 9 - Love Café: Free heart mugs to decorate and glaze, cupcakes from 3:00–6:00 p.m.
- February 16 - Waxy Hands: warm cookies, fresh fruit, lemonade, and cocoa from 3:00–5:00 p.m.
Friday Night Ice: Fridays, 5:00–8:00 p.m. (free food at all events)
- January 6 - Disney Skate on Ice
- January 13 - Boy Band night
- January 20 - "Happy Feet" on Ice
- February 3 - Saddle Up! Country Western Skate Night
- February 10 - Date Skate Night
- February 17 - Skate with Purple Line, One Last Time